- Job Categories:Engineering
- Job Type:Permanent
- Published Date:2022-10-22
- Salary Period:Annual
- Company Name:Telamon
- Company Type:Agency
The announced job offer is made public by the firm: Telamon and it was included in jobs list the date of: 2022-10-22 in the website greenenergyjobsonline.com.
It is announced that they have a job offer at the category of Engineering and the jobs location is in the state of North Carolina at the city Charlotte, in the country US - at this current ZipCode: 28202
The information residing in this page is not directly announced by our websites, we help users in the intent of finding the jobs they want and redirect them back to jobs8 for apropriate applying to any of the jobs listed on www.greenenergyjobsonline.com.
- Review of systems design, customer technical requirements, and configuration data to ensure feasibility and conformance with customer expectations
- Consult with Customer networking staff in a series of meetings to develop a thorough understanding of Customer Network design requirements, with a focus on concerns such as resiliency, self-recovery, scalability, and ability to handled increased traffic demands and QoS.
- Collaborate with Customer to evaluate the potential impact of the proposed scheduled change, review implementation procedures, and be available to assist Customer to resolve problems with Network Hardware and configuration during a major deployment into a live Network.
- Conduct/participate in knowledge transfer sessions in collaboration with the Cisco management team, to provide the Customer with informal training about their deployed Cisco infrastructure, tailored to their needs and infrastructure.
- Configuration of telecommunications equipment (e.g. Optical transport equipment, carrier switching equipment, power systems, network alarming systems) per engineering requirements
- Test configurations to verify conformance with design and successful configuration
- Develop project implementation plans, develop test and turnup method of procedures
- Network Support - provide networking support to Customer for incremental changes to the architecture, network and applicable Cisco devices.
- Identify, define, and write SOW's for new, as yet unidentified, Optical opportunities within the customer's network.
- 5% or less travel required.
- 75% onsite, 25% remote
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- This sedentary/mostly desk work or does it require mobility and working with hands
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies, standards, and certification requirements
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills, in particular the ability to effectively communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Desire to lead a key technical team to enhance Telamon's deployment capability
- Proven ability to operate on live networks, performing system upgrades, following procedures without service interruptions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related experience.
- 7+ years' experience in Optical Network Engineering
- Experience on DWDM, OTN, SONET. Experience on Carrier Ethernet is a plus
- Experience on Network project engineering processes and SOW implementation procedures
- Telamon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Telamon does not and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Telamon Corporation makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.