|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Under the direction of the Fabrication Manager, use various welding equipment and procedures to weld or join aluminum, stainless steel, and structural steel framing assembly components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Operate and utilize safety equipment and use safe working habits.
- Follow all established safety rules, wear required PPE at all times, and obey safety signs and tags.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure raw materials to be cut, beveled, shaped, or grinded prior to assembly.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind, or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for assembly.
- Determine required equipment and welding methods to be used, applying knowledge of welding techniques and basic mathematical calculations.
- Utilize welding equipment such as lathe, band saw, milling machine, water saw, drill press, ironworker/press/breaks, grinders, portable welding machines, and other heavy equipment to join together and shape raw materials.
- Utilize CADD software to set up Water Jet to cut individual jobs.
- Detect faulty equipment or defective materials and notify Fabrication Manager - remedy any unsafe conditions immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three or more years related experience and/or training.
- CNC waterjet experience
- AutoCAD experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
- Constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Occasional cold and/or humid conditions
- Risk of electric shock
- Noise level is usually loud
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)