|Location||Mount Vernon, Indiana|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Staff Veterinarian - Full Time
Mt. Vernon, Indiana (Near Evansville, IN)
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we "Play to Win" in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There's an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual's unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people's lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
Maintain the health of the animal species housed at Inotiv at our Mt. Vernon, Indiana location and carry out all veterinary health and regulatory responsibilities in the absence of or to assist the Attending Veterinarian.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide veterinary care for all research animals including many prescreening physicals, eye exams, and clinical cases
- Attend all animals as requested for health issues and carry out appropriate examinations, treatment prescriptions, and diagnostic procedures as appropriate.
- Monitor and address animal health and welfare issues as needed and inform Inotiv management thereof.
- Perform incoming health checks on large animals when received and add to individual health records.
- Perform pre-screening activities for study animals including physical and ocular examinations
- Complete animal examination and treatment records on all animals examined or treated and add to individual health records.
- Supervise maintenance of the working inventory of veterinary supplies needed to maintain the health and welfare of the animals.
- Perform surgical procedures on laboratory animals as directed in respective protocols or as appropriate for injured animals.
- Field and triage after hour's phone calls as needed.
- Participation in on call schedule for weekend, holiday, and emergency coverage as needed
- Update management on new animal welfare issues that might impact the research needs of Inotiv Evansville
- Inform the Senior Manager, Operations and/or Director of Toxicology, and Attending Veterinarian of any animal issues affecting the conduct of pre-clinical studies, interaction with clients and/or generation of protocols and reports.
- Maintain records and inventory of controlled chemical substances in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Potential ex officio membership and active participation in the IACUC, attend meetings, review protocols, and address animal issues as brought to the committee.
- Maintain USDA facility and animal care compliance.
- In the absence of the Attending Veterinarian, host annual USDA inspections and respond provide support in response to any findings.
- Submit annual USDA animal use report in November of each year.
- Complete and submit tuberculosis testing records to USDA.
- Maintain and update the facility IACUC Program for AAALAC site visits.
- Submit annual report to AAALAC in December each year.
- Assist Attending Veterinarian in hosting AAALAC site visits every three years and prepare and submit response to site audit findings.
- Submit unscheduled reports to AAALAC when necessary.
- Communicate with Study Directors regarding study animal issues, examination findings, recommendations regarding treatment and disposition of study animals.
- Provide veterinary procedures and surgery support as called for in study protocols.
- Instruct and as needed supervise Veterinary Scientists
- Supervise maintenance of animal records including social housing, incompatibility exemptions, tuberculosis testing, alopecia in animals, disease surveillance, vaccination schedules, nail/hoof trimming, and animal enrichment.
- Provide training and guidance to Veterinary Scientist for identified procedures.
- Participate in in-house training programs for the technical staff as needed.
Record Maintenance Responsibilities
- Complete and maintain individual animal health records on all USDA species for three years
Education and experience
- This position requires a doctoral degree in veterinary medicine
At Inotiv our team members come together in support of an organization focused on delivering the experience, knowledge, and responsiveness demanded from an industry striving to bring new cures to market more safely and faster than ever before. Come join our team!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, 401K participation with company match, etc.
Inotiv is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.