|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Position Description: The VDC Engineer will manage, evaluate and assess model-based information from design team, trade subcontractors, and others necessary to construct the project as specified by the contract documents. Has supervisory responsibility for VDC Coordinators, and Interns. The VDC Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building the overall project "digitally first."
Reports to: VDC Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Author Autodesk Revit building and site models from various information sources (ie. 2D drawings, graphics, and design presentations).
- Create renderings, diagrams, sections, graphics, and animations using leading-edge real-time rendering tools.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to BIM model information.
- Resolving issues related to plans and specifications, especially as it relates to the organization, use, management, and BIM model updation , by interacting with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Turner job staff and owner's representatives.
- Managing coordination models and model-based submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor 3d virtual trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Overseeing the BIM related close-out process. Preparing final records such as as-built models which may include connections to project data such as operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and as-built documentation. Producing the turnover model file with associated documents for the Owner if required for the project.
- Supervising VDC Coordinators, and VDC Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Preparing scope of work documents for trades producing and using BIM models.
- Developing reports including reports/assessments on coordination meeting records, constraint logs, etc.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from accredited and credentialed degree program in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Building Construction and 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor