|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
KCS West, Inc. is a leading General Contractor looking for excellent candidates with extensive tilt-up building experience. and the following qualifications to be a Construction Project Manager in Southern California.
What You'll Do -
- Responsible for all aspects of the construction project
- Responsible for all staff members working on the construction project
- Responsible for quality of construction
- Responsible for keeping project in compliance of all state and federal laws, ADA, SWPPP, OSHA, etc.
- Coordinates Construction Document using staff
- Responsible for schedule preparation & review
- Manage RFI and submittal process using staff
- Develops and maintains project progress photographs and required photographs/videos for dispute/claim documentation using staff
- Responsible for project budget and cost tracking, including logging and tracking PCOs through resolution
- Determining the validity of contractor's and subcontractor's requests for change orders
- Manages the Daily Construction Report process using staff
- Leads weekly project meeting with owner and consultants, issuing timely meeting minutes for same
- Manage commissioning and final inspection using staff
- Coordinates the development and resolution of punch lists
- Manages the project closeout process using staff
What We're Looking For -
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 10+ years of significant construction project experience; Must have extensive tilt-up building experience.
- Construction document design process
- Detailed understanding of the plan check and permitting process
- Strong skill sets in procuring subcontractors and negotiating subcontract terms
- Effectively communicate with all project stake holders
- In depth understanding of construction equipment and techniques
- In depth understanding of common construction materials and systems
- Contract provisions and contract administration
- Strong computer skills using Word, Excel, MS Project, email, budget/cost tracking software and other software as may be necessary to perform your work at a high level
- Commitment to jobsite safety and experience working with captive insurance programs
- Comply with company policies and administrative procedures
- Must live in Southern California
KCS West, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. KCS West, Inc. will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
KCS West, Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any KCS West employee. KCS West will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of KCS West, Inc.