|Location||Three Rivers, Texas|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Survey Dept. Manager / Professional Land Surveyor to join our San Antonia/Three Rivers office. This role will manage field survey crew chiefs for conventional construction staking projects and also manage CAD technicians building models for GPS grade control. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Oversees all survey personal and survey related activities throughout the assigned region
- Prepares finish grade surface model per the construction plans utilizing the engineer CAD file
- Coordinates with other engineering and surveying companies as needed to perform additional survey related and surface modeling tasks as necessary
- Shall schedule and oversee the performance of Surveyors and Survey Technicians assigned to the region
- Shall prepare tentative weekly schedule for all survey and layout activities to be performed in the region and provide copies to all Project Managers and Site Managers (preferably emailed every Friday for the following week)
- Directs survey and GPS technicians on a daily basis for performing topographic surveys, as-built surveys, construction layout and general GPS technician duties as requested by the Project Managers and Site Managers
- Consults with Project Managers, Site Managers and Superintendents on a periodic basis and attends operations and scheduling meetings as necessary
- Prepare, load and manage Trimble and Topcon Machine Grade Control files for all GPS equipment to include dozers, scrapers, base stations and rovers. (Copies of all files to be kept and managed on the G:Drive of Wood's corporate server)
- Installation and maintenance of all GPS equipment to include Base Stations, Rovers and Machine Grade Control units
- Prepared cut/fill exhibits - generate topographic surveys and prepare overall site balance and any requested region reports
- Prepare as-built and topographic surveys for close-out documents or as required by contract and/or municipality
- Prepare stake out data for construction layout of utilities, curbs, walks, etc. as necessary
- Oversees Surveyors and Survey technicians to ensure all of the abovementioned duties are performed in accordance to Wood's standard GPS Operations and Procedures
- Maintains and tracks the inventory of all GPS equipment (machines and survey related), transits, levels, lasers, tripods and leveling rods
- Must be proactive on business development and strengthing existing client relationships
- Performs the duties of the GPS Technician as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have, or have the ability to obtain, a Professional Surveyors License in the State of Texas.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Commitment to work with all sections and divisions of Wood
- Ability to manage several jobs simultaneously
- Ability to maintain good client relations
- Valid Drivers License a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some travel will be required
- Must be able to pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record according with Wood's driving (MVR) policy.
- Must be able to work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather climates.
- References required.
- Supervisory experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.