|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Provide estimating and proposal deliverables and support for ROW Services Group while representing Core Values and Priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review bid packages to determine scope of work and proposal response requirements.
- Perform and evaluate accurate quantity takeoffs for ROW Clearing, Erosion Controls, Access Roads, Work Pads, Access Matting, and Substation Site Development projects.
- Build complete production driven cost estimates based on the labor, equipment, and material resources required to fulfill the scope of work.
- Review design and specifications for value engineering/optimization opportunities and recommend a bid strategy that complies with the scope of work and provides best value to the client.
- Analyze subcontractor and material quotes for responsiveness to the Quote Request and project scope of work.
- Identify bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along with quantities and pricing.
- Participate in estimate reviews and presentations to Senior Managers and executive management.
- Ensure estimates are performed in accordance with company practices and standards.
- Support other department personnel as required - may include preparing or assisting with estimates in other civil construction disciplines.
- Lead, mentor, and train Junior Estimators.
- Prepare responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's).
- Maintain estimate files according company/division estimating standards.
May supervise 1 - 2 Estimators or Junior Estimators performing estimating functions as part of an estimating team.
- 5+ years of related experience in heavy construction / estimating.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management, construction technology or extensive related work experience.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Strong all-around knowledge of civil sitework, access construction, and earthwork.
- Experience in Heavy Civil construction with a focus on Site Development, ROW Clearing, Erosion Control, Access Construction, Access Matting, and ROW Restoration.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel occasionally and perform tasks independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Hard Dollar / InEight Estimate, HCSS, B2W, or any similar software suite.
- Basic knowledge of P6 Scheduling software (or equal).