|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Shop Service Technician is responsible for routing outbound freight to assure delivery as required; monitors carriers' performance & charges and determines best carriers for the most cost-effective and reliable delivery within company standards.
- Loading and unloading of all delivery trucks & assures compliance with workplace safety procedures.
- Receives and inspects external packaging of all incoming shipments.
- Notifies delivery personnel of any apparent shipping damage and proceeds accordingly.
- Reviews and verifies incoming packing lists and logs and routes to receiving area.
- Responsible for routing outbound freight to assure delivery as required, monitors carriers' performance & charges.
- Determines best carriers for the most cost-effective and reliable delivery within established standards.
- Maintains shipping and receiving logs and shipping record files.
- Processes loss freight or shipping damages claims.
- Verifies freight bills with accounting and resolves errors with carriers.
- Takes finished orders after final quality control inspection and wraps & packs in containers as per required standards.
- Determines most cost-efficient bundling of items (e.g., palletizing or individual packages).
- Prepares packing lists, bills of lading, and other shipping documentation as necessary.
- Maintain and track incoming and outgoing repairs.
- Ship and receive tools in Oasis to the correct location.
- Ensures tool status is updated upon receipt of tools.
- Perform weekly PM checks of facility equipment and maintains logs & schedules PMs when needed.
- Adherence to all Safety Programs to keep facility clean, safe and organized.
- Performs other shipping/receiving duties as needed and requested.
- Limits access to loading -area and other parts of the facility by unauthorized individuals.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with company code of conduct, policies and procedures and all applicable legal requirements.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- School Diploma/GED and/or at least 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong communication skills.