|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
SET-UP TECHNICIAN/ ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR
SCOPE: Hands-on work to setup molds on multiple molding machines, including but not limited to, changing molds using hoist, generating first articles, purging and switching materials, managing multiple programs in the controller, etc.
Be the point person for identifying and troubleshooting molding problems and work with Shift Supervisor to distinguish between process issues and mold issues
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
AUTHORITY: Assumes responsibilities of Shift Supervisor during leave.
- Communicate and collaborate with supervisors, tool room and maintenance
- Provide production updates and support problem solving on Daily Management key performance indicators (KPIs), including delivery, quality, and productivity.
- Good understanding of molding machines operations in general. Ability to identify the function of each component in the molding process. i.e. screw and barrel, check-ring, heating zones, thermolators.
- Good communication skills, be able to describe technical issues in concise and accurate ways.
- Familiar and comfortable with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Operate forklifts and cranes to transport and replace molds
- Responsible for mold change and machine adjustments
- Must have the ability to set up and tear down molds from Machines
- Conduct minor repairs and change inserts
- Load processes into the Machine, start up and shut down
- Verification of tooling, instructions, and materials prior to use on assigned processes
- Perform process verification prior to job commencement
- Keep Injection Molding machines and auxiliary equipment running in a safe, productive, quality-the-first-time, and efficient manner
- Ensure that production activities are carried out in accordance with approved procedures and all production is dispositioned and approved as required prior to further processing
- Obtaining approved disposition for non-conformances prior to process continuation
- Complete required paperwork
- Primary responsibility for the monitoring and control of assigned process
- Primary responsibility from the seeking of solutions for technical problems associated with assigned processes
- Identify and implement improvement projects to increase molding output, operator productivity, and product yields
- Ensure that scrap is minimized through process enhancements
- Machine Operator skills such as inspect parts per customer requirements, trim parts as needed and package as required
- Operates secondary equipment
- Promote Safety and Quality and Environmental awareness
- Ensure safe working practices are followed and all accidents, hazards, near misses, and property damage are reported in the required time
- Clean and maintain work areas, tools and molds in order to maximize equipment downtime through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 5S.
- Other duties as assigned
- Speak, Read and Understand English.
- Knowledge of Injection Molding machines, Set-Up, and Operation
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems