|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
Trades & Services
Spider is a division of SafeWorks LLC, the largest manufacturer and distributor of powered suspended access and safety solutions in North America, serving more customers with a wider variety of products and services than any other company. Learn more at .
SafeWorks LLC, is a subsidiary of BrandSafway, a leading global provider of access, specialized services, and forming and shoring solutions to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure end markets. SafeWorks LLC, is the global leader in powered suspended access solutions for commercial construction, elevator, infrastructure, power generation, offshore and wind energy markets. Since the introduction of the original Spider work basket in 1947, we have been designing, manufacturing, distributing and services suspended scaffolding and fall protection solutions to end users and through equipment dealers under the Spider, Power Climber, Power Climber Wind, Swing Staging and DualLift brands.
Spider is committed to achieving a drug-free workplace. Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
The Service Technician/Rigger supports the Spider Branch operations in attaining profitability, productivity, and safety goals by performing safe and efficient maintenance and repairs of Spider scaffolding & hoist equipment and accessories, rigging and de-rigging services to safety standards on Spider rentals.
The ideal candidate for this position must have proven electrical/mechanical background in service and repair with troubleshooting experience. Responsible for performing routine inspections, preventive and complex repairs in our hoist and scaffolding equipment.
Must have prior scaffolding/staging experience in construction industry to perform rigging and de-rigging services of Spider swing staging equipment safely and efficiently, must go on service calls to help customers. Must be able to work in elevated construction areas without fear of heights, and lift 50+ pounds, demonstrate high level safety, hard-work, professionalism, and customer care. Commercial driving experience preferred.
This role is expected to:
· Enter, Troubleshoot, teardown, repair, reassemble, test, and perform maintenance on Spider standard equipment and accessories with direction and oversight.
· Perform rigging and de-rigging services in accordance with Spider and Scaffold Industry Association (SIA) safety guidelines.
· Perform complete safety inspections in accordance with the Rental Fleet Inspection Manual.
· Prepare paperwork including but not limited to Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Rigging & De-Rigging Work Sheets, Job Checklist, loadout form and DOT inspections.
· Ensure Spider equipment is loaded with necessary equipment & supplies to complete the job.
· Make service calls to demonstrate equipment and instruct customer in the correct and safe use of Spider equipment, rigging procedures, operating methods, safety checks, and emergency recovery procedures.
· Assist in the maintenance of equipment in the job sites as well as in the shop.
· Inspect, clean, and maintain rigging equipment, hoist, accessories, trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
· Drive large company truck loaded with equipment to and from job site.
· Follow company procedures to ensure that all work-related records are accurate, updated in a timely manner, and conform to company standards.
· Always maintains a safe work environment and ensure safe practice work habits and quality standards are met.
· Manage all on-site installations, repairs and maintenance and test tasks.
· Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
· Perform highly technical mechanical or diagnostic tests working under the direction of a supervisor.
· Provide service and customer support on-site and at job sites.
· Accurately record parts used and transferred.
· Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
· Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments to ensure that specifications are met.
· Perform shop labor as needed to maintain an orderly, safe, efficient work environment.
· Assist with packaging parts and materials for shipping.
· Perform other duties as directed by superiors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize the following skills:
· Must be able to lift and carry 50+ lbs.
· No afraid of heights
· Able to perform a full shift of rigorous manual labor.
· Ability to work in construction areas in high elevation (up to 100 stories above ground).
· Able to successfully work independently to complete tasks and respond to request as well as collaborating with others.
· Able to operate forklift.
· Must be able to work safely and adhere to all Spider safety policies and procedures.
· Safety Conscious
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Detail oriented
· Logical thinking
· Math and mechanical skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of one year of related experience working in scaffolding installation in construction industry.
· Prior related experience preferred as a scaffolding rigger.
· Demonstrate mechanical and electrical aptitude to help with service and maintenance of Spider equipment.
· Prior experience as a Commercial Driver (preferred)
· Valid and clean driving record (required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for continuous periods of time, walk, have clarity of vision, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, lift items up to 75 pounds and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment frequently includes outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Job exposes employee to slight risk of electric shock, fumes, vibration, and air-borne particles.