|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Please apply at
We are seeking a talented and customer-focused Service Technician-Painter at our heavy equipment branch in Flowood. We offer competitive compensation (starting pay $18.00/hour +, depending on experience), great benefits, standard five day workweek with some scheduled OT, and specialized technical training).
The Service Technician-Painter is responsible to perform preparation, sandblasting, painting, and fabrication repair of diesel powered construction, forestry, paving, and mining heavy equipment. The variety of applications requires ability to plan, layout and perform diversified high quality work. This is an intermediate level skilled trade position working independently in a service shop setting. The position reports to the Service Supervisor.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Determine materials requirements and task sequences to prepare metal components for painting, which includes masking, sandblasting, sanding and priming of heavy equipment and using all paint-related products according to the manufacturer's recommended procedures and in accordance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools. Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Mix, thin, and spray urethane, enamel, and epoxy paints according to specifications using applicable equipment including but not limited to HVLP, electrostatic, pressure pot, and gravity fed spray guns. Inspect primed components prior to and after clear coat and top coat application.
- Prepare and submit detailed, complete and legible service reports of all repairs performed using prescribed forms and procedures in a timely manner.
- Keep supervisor regularly apprised of status of assigned repair jobs and assist in addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Maintain work area, tools, and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment in accordance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist service technicians in the disassembly, assembly, and installation of heavy equipment components and parts.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times.
- Keep up to date with developments in sandblasting and painting, tooling technologies and systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent PLUS at least 2 years of experience working in an auto body paint and repair shop; experience painting heavy-duty equipment, fiberglass repairs, and aluminum and steel welding/fabrication preferred.
- Ability to safely use material handling equipment and tooling and wear company required PPE (chemical protective suit with hood, respiratory protection, rubber gloves, chemical-resistant footwear, protective eyewear) during a shift assignment that could last between 8 and 10 hours.
- Good problem solving skills, detail oriented, and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced service environment.
- Ability to work standard five-day work schedule, including daily overtime, and occasional weekend hours as necessary.
Please apply at