|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
Spider is a division of SafeWorks LLC, the largest manufacturer and distributor of powered suspended access and safety solutions in North America, serving more customers with a wider variety of products and services than any other company. Learn more at .
SafeWorks LLC, is a subsidiary of BrandSafway, a leading global provider of access, specialized services, and forming and shoring solutions to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure end markets. SafeWorks LLC, is the global leader in powered suspended access solutions for commercial construction, elevator, infrastructure, power generation, offshore and wind energy markets. Since the introduction of the original Spider work basket in 1947, we have been designing, manufacturing, distributing and services suspended scaffolding and fall protection solutions to end users and through equipment dealers under the Spider, Power Climber, Power Climber Wind, Swing Staging and DualLift brands.
Spider is committed to achieving a drug-free workplace. Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
The Service Technician supports the Spider Branch operations in attaining profitability, productivity, and safety goals by performing safe and efficient maintenance and repairs of Spider scaffolding and hoist equipment and accessories to safety standards on Spider rentals.
The ideal candidate for this position must have proven electrical/mechanical background in service and repair with troubleshooting experience. Demonstrate high level safety, hard-work, professionalism, and customer care.
Responsible for performing routine inspections, preventive and complex repairs in our hoist and scaffolding equipment. Must go on service calls to help customers.
This role is expected to:
· Enter, Troubleshoot, teardown, repair, reassemble, test, and perform maintenance on Spider standard equipment and accessories with direction and oversight.
· Perform complete safety inspections in accordance with the Rental Fleet Inspection Manual.
· Follow company procedures to ensure that all work-related records are accurate, updated in a timely manner, and conform to company standards.
· Always maintains a safe work environment and ensure safe practice work habits and quality standards are met.
· Manage all on-site installations, repairs and maintenance and test tasks.
· Assist with safety demonstrations to customers including safe procedures, correct operating methods, required safety check and emergency procedures.
· Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
· Perform highly technical mechanical or diagnostic tests working under the direction of a supervisor.
· Provide service and customer support on-site and at job sites.
· Accurately record parts used and transferred.
· Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
· Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments to ensure that specifications are met.
· Perform shop labor as needed to maintain an orderly, safe, efficient work environment.
· Package parts and materials for shipping.
· Perform other duties as directed by superiors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize the following skills:
· Must be able to lift and carry 50+ lbs.
· No afraid of heights
· Ability to work in construction areas in high elevation (up to 100 stories above ground).
· Able to successfully work independently to complete tasks and respond to request as well as collaborating with others.
· Able to operate forklift.
· Must be able to work safely and adhere to all Spider safety policies and procedures.
· Safety Conscious
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Detail oriented
· Logical thinking
· Math and mechanical skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Related electrical/mechanical training and/or one year of related Electro-Mechanical experience.
· Previous experience working in construction, service, and maintenance related experience.
· Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (required)
· Valid drivers' license with clean driving history (required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for continuous periods of time, walk, have clarity of vision, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, lift items up to 75 pounds and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment frequently includes outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Job exposes employee to slight risk of electric shock, fumes, vibration, and air-borne particles.