|Location||Not Specified, Oregon|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
NerdWallet is looking to hire a Senior Director to lead a team of talented marketers focused on brand and creative strategy, media planning, integrated marketing campaign execution, content marketing / social media, sponsorships & events. You will sit on the larger Brand team that includes Brand Studio, Content Strategy and Market Research, and report to the Vice President, Brand.
The Brand team is responsible for making NerdWallet a household name - helping more people know, trust & love NerdWallet, as the smartest place to turn for all of life's financial decisions.
Where you can make an impact:
- Lead the team to deliver on the strategy and objectives as outlined in the 2023 brand marketing plan; help shape longer term vision and plan for Brand at NerdWallet.
- Provide the right data, insights & recommendations to inspire confidence and alignment among the executive team about the brand team's business impact, as well as where to scale further and where to pull back.
- Stay plugged in to how business, brand, culture and consumer context is evolving, then empower your team with the right context to challenge the status quo, prioritize work and maximize impact.
- Oversee flawless execution and translation of the team's operating budget, measurement tools & frameworks to inform strategy and next steps..
- A Domain Expert: Brand marketing expert with years of experience building and shaping brand strategies that help companies break through with their target audience; comfortable working across traditional and non-traditional marketing channels, both creative and media minded.
- A Strong Leader: You have a managerial track record of success across a diverse team and a proven ability to motivate, coach and hold colleagues accountable. You bias towards action and thrive helping your team navigate ambiguous situations, re-prioritize and remove roadblocks quickly in order to drive impact.
- Excellent at Stakeholder Management: Comfortable presenting to and positively influencing key internal, external stakeholders and cross-functional partners, engaging in tough strategic discussions with executives, product, marketing, business, creative and analytics partners.
- Highly Analytical: Extremely comfortable working with measurement tools like: MMX models, Brand Trackers, Looker Dashboards, etc., to help the team evolve and shape break-through strategies that foster deep connection with our target consumer, while helping the company understand how brand marketing drives business impact,
- Effective Collaborator: Ability to dot connect, problem solve and ultimately influence teams to champion the brand at every touch point; tackle and resolve hard conversations proactively and quickly.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you're excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we'd love to hear from you.
- 13+ years in brand marketing, with significant experience proving out, scaling brand strategies that live across multiple channels, including: traditional advertising, social media and sponsorships.
- Track record of challenging the status quo, inspiring teams to build brand programs that break-through in competitive and commoditized markets.
- Proven ability to successfully sell-in and scale new brand initiatives throughout an organization by demonstrating business impact via internal and external data.
- Excellent team leader, 7+ years of experience managing diverse teams across multiple functions.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life's a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy - Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives - Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we'll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward - Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program - choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.