|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD Digital is seeking a highly motivated Broadband Internet System Specialist to join our technology design and consulting team Lead by our Chantilly, VA office, or can be any US GHD offices. Qualified individuals will possess wide industry and product experience with all major Broadband Internet system manufacturers including the most recent equipment manufacturers distribution active equipment. Candidate must demonstrate recent experience consulting and designing Broadband systems for local communities, and/or Local State/Government entities with a balance of skills spanning all facets of design including Outside Plant (OSP) design and installation, last mile distribution, ISP integration, Local Carrier integration, and a very good understanding of Industry Standards and best practices of installation of active and passive Broadband network equipment.
Main Purpose of Position
To work as part of a multi-discipline design and engineering team to engineer Broadband Systems to GHD Clients. This will include client consulting, system design, and construction administration services for small and large-scale projects, as well as high level Broadband Master Planning of local communities as an independent consultant acting in behalf of the community.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct site surveys and gather customer requirements
- Produce design and engineering documents, including engineering drawings and specifications
- Coordinate system layout and drawings with other disciplines such as civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, and architectural design for coordination parameters, and other telecom systems.
- Drive quality and consistency by following Broadband design best practices
- Review contractor RFIs and submittals
- Inspect contractor's work in progress and at project completion
- Witness commissioning of Broadband systems if needed
- Support Sales with engineering estimates in terms of Design, consulting resources needed, schedule, etc.
- Perform work on multiple concurrent projects within the budgeted cost and to the satisfaction of client's needs
- Bachelor's degree in related field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Current RCDD Certification, a plus
- Have advanced technical knowledge of active electronics of all major Broadband Systems
- Possess the understanding of the seller/doer model and work with other seller/doer's on the Team.
- A deep understanding of supportive infrastructure for these systems, cabling, pathways, terminations, head end and distributive equipment.
- Be able to travel to client locations and job sites on occasion and more distant locations as required (short term travel, small percentage of time)
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Very experience with optical fiber technologies related to Broadband systems
- Field experience configuring, troubleshooting, and installing Broadband systems a plus
- Electronic Networking systems experience a plus
- Ability to think laterally to find an appropriate solution to meet specific application requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail
- Responsible and reliable, capable of working alone as well as part of a team
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of building codes and Broadband systems Standards
- ISP / Carrier work experience desirable.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.