|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
Mount Construction Company, Inc., Mount Materials, LLC, Harleysville Materials, LLC, Bull Waste & Recycling, Inc., and the Mount Charitable Foundation comprise The Mount Group. Founded in 1991, Mount Construction, Inc. is a full-service Construction, Site Improvement and Emergency Response services provider in New Jersey and the surrounding areas. Our proactive solutions cover multiple sectors spanning transportation, utilities, roadwork, bridges, marine, construction, as well as federal, state and local governments, and related agencies.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Accounting team as a Senior Accountant. The person will be comfortable working for a fast-paced growing company, in a team environment.
with a positive attitude and have a professional and motivated work ethic. This position will work out of our Berlin, New Jersey office, this is not a remote position.
- Support timely monthly and year-end financial close, including preparing journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, expense reporting and credit card reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules in Excel and upload fixed asset information in ViewPoint for multiple companies.
- Act as a technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise during the year.
- Work with Billings Associates and Project Cost Accountant to reconcile intercompany receivables / payables on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for Inventory reconciliation, updating inventory prices, reviewing and maintaining adequate processes, and assisting auditors with year-end inventory count.
- Assist in developing and documenting department processes to address internal controls and monitor on an on-going basis.
- Provide ad hoc reports upon request.
- 3-5 years experience in public accounting, or similar industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize efficiently.
- Analytical and detail-oriented mindset
- Construction experience highly desirable
- CPA, or CPA Candidate preferred
- Experience with ViewPoint preferred