|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Security Guard is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. The Security Guard is responsible to provide a safe environment for residents and staff.
Security Guard essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out all instructions, information, and policies and procedures contained in the security log book.
- Ability to make routine patrols of entire building and grounds, observing and reporting anything unusual.
- Must be able to calmly notify Administrative persons on site or on call in the event of any emergency.
- Ability to effectively communicate during stressful situations.
- Periodically check in with the charge nurse on duty.
- Ability to follow, without deviation, fire and emergency procedures as outlined for security guards.
- Ability to make a complete written or electronic report of each tour of duty.
- Perform light maintenance work as needed for the comfort and safety of residents and co-workers.
- Maintain the confidentiality required by the position.
- Perform basic typing and computer work
- Must have attention to detail and be able to follow instructions with little or no direction.
- Flexible to work various hours as necessary, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to follow floor plans for meeting set-up's.
- Must be able to work with residents and Community department heads for coordination of set-up's.
- Works with outside vendors to provide access to restricted areas.
- Performs all fire drills with-in the community.
Related Experience: 1 year experience as a Security Guard, preferably in a similar community, hotel, or school
Education or Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer