|Location||Crystal Lake, Illinois|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
CAMFIL - A GLOBAL LEADER IN AIR FILTERS AND CLEAN AIR SOLUTIONS
For more than half a century, Camfil has been helping people breathe cleaner air. As a leading manufacturer of premium clean air solutions, we provide commercial and industrial systems for air filtration and air pollution control that improve worker and equipment productivity, minimize energy use, and benefit human health and the environment.
We are currently seeking a Safety and Environment Lead for our Crystal Lake, IL location.
The Safety and Environment Lead will primarily be responsible for continually improving safety by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety behaviors while ensuring compliance of all safety procedures. This position requires successful passing of a drug and background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and drives continuous improvement activities and best practices.
- Administers and oversees the environmental aspect of the facility and the safety programs within the facility.
- Champion employee empowerment to identify and address safety concerns, and generate new ideas related to safety and health.
- Promote and participate in employee involvement programs such as project teams, committees, and internal training.
- Actively participate in incident investigations and resulting recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain compliant safety and environmental records that includes air, wastewater, storm water, and hazardous waste permits
- Lead plant incident and plant non-conformance investigations and ensure closure of corrective actions.
- Develop, create, and deliver safety training to employees as required.
- Participate in defining safety training requirements for employees to assess and ensure compliance with federal, state, local, insurance, and internal safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP's for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day-to-day training.
- Effectively interact with all internal functional job levels and with external agencies and resources in order to maximize the effectiveness of the safety improvement process.
- Maintain and increase professional knowledge and expertise related to the fields of environmental protection, occupational health, and industrial safety through annual professional development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Proficient PC Skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A minimum of 2+ years' prior experience in a safety role in a manufacturing facility
- Well-developed communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, detail-oriented, and effectively prioritize time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to office, warehouse, and plant environments. The work environment will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain areas. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.