|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
Chicago based General Contractor established for more than 50 years is searching for a Project Manager with education experience to join their team. They are a leader in the commercial and education market with a track record of excellent clients and a strong pipeline of work in the upcoming years. The company prides itself on its positive company culture and provides plenty of room for promotion and growth with WFH flexibility. Apply today!
Our client offers a complete range of construction services for large scale commercial and education projects. They have a proven track record in the construction industry and have become one of the top general contractors in Chicago.
Specialize in Multi-Family, Corporate Offices, Higher and Lower Education, Health Care/Senior Living, Religious & Municipal buildings.
- Project Locations: Mainly Chicagoland area
- Family oriented culture
- Solid leadership out of top general contractors
- Hands off management approach
- Great relationships with subcontractors
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2022 leading into 2023
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire job site in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Project Management
- Must have construction experience in the education market
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
- A competitive base salary between $90,000-$130,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- PTO Days
- Company wide events
- WFH flexibility
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.