|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Position Description: Leads, manages, and coordinates all phases of one or more Industrial projects from preconstruction through closeout. Contributes to the securing of new work for the company.
Reports to: Construction Executive, Operations Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Regional Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with clients, the design community, and organizations to enhance future business development opportunities.
- Develop high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Departments to secure new work for the business unit.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements on all projects.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction through closeout.
- Oversee the development of the master project schedule and manage its implementation.
- Provide oversight for budget and financial management for all projects.
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives and technologies.
- Oversee the administration of the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Become a good corporate citizen in the community and maximize Turner-controlled resources to benefit business unit goals and objectives.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree plus minimum of eighteen years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Ability to seek out and find business opportunities. Must have knowledge of regional market and sales/closing skills. Proven written and verbal communication abilities, proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must have advanced presentation skills. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor