|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
This is a first shift production operator position. Monday through Friday Hrs. 6:00 am through 2:30 pm
This is a fast pace production operator position in a mixing of dry powder vitamins. Lifting required of frequent 55 pound net weight packaging.
Conduct all production activities and operate production equipment in accordance to the plant capacity and in conformity with SHE requirements, SOP's, Quality standards and time sequences. Performs all duties associated with the production of custom vitamin premixes. Receives, unloads, stores, delivers and ships raw and finished materials.
Take part in all Client requirements / activities, including LSR's, Quality, DICI, Safety Amp, etc.
Main operations used :
â€¢ Mixing, packaging, blending, packaging machines
â€¢ Certification of the plants: ISO 9001 / 2008
5. Position content
a) a)Key areas of accountability/responsibility
1. Handle raw materials, transport from storage to dispenser room, weigh them as required per the batch formula and add them to required mixer. Additionally Production Operator employees may be required to print, inspect and reconcile labels, fill silos, complete final packaging, and sample per batch requirement, visually inspect both 3PRM raw materials and finished goods for quality release, prepare samples for homogeneity and carryover samples, as well as safely palletize and store raw materials and/or finished goods.
2. Able to work unsupervised in pre-weigh, batch build, and COP areas.
3. Monitor equipment and production process parameters; record process conditions and actions.
4. Report disturbances to the Team Lead and inform him/her about production process adjustments/concerns.
5. Take raw material and finished good samples and analyze these; decide on operational action to be taken.
6. Perform minor maintenance work on equipment when necessary to ensure continuous efficient operation of process.
7. Take care of good housekeeping within area of responsibility, in compliance with guidelines, orders and instructions. Allergen storage, cGMPs, 5S and other programs/requirements fall into housekeeping requirements and must be followed.
8. Warn offenders and inform the supervisor if and when instructions are not complied with.
9. Support in investigating asset utilization issues.
10. Communicate relevant details with ALL team members including leaving and incoming shift colleagues.
11. Maintains process and equipment documentation for tracking overall equipment effectiveness. Approves batch sheets for accuracy. Prepares final product labels and maintains label control. Assists with generating and maintaining SOPs, following change control procedures and validation processes as requested
12. Attends formal training classes (e.g., safety, quality improvement, problem solving, SDS, etc.). Completes all required computer based training modules. Assists Department Management Staff with identifying training needs.
13. Involvement in setting up and reviewing site SHE requirements, procedures, and instructions by participating in SHE culture on site.
14. SHE Duties & Responsibilities: Display and promote positive safety behaviors at all times, use proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures that ensure self and others go home safe each day; that area and equipment operate to highest safety levels, that all people in area (Maintenance, quality, visitors, contractors, etc.) comply with safety directives and keep area neat and clean.
15. All employees to be aware of and follow all Client Life Saving Rules.
16. Acts in a way that safety awareness, accident prevention and feed/food safety are considered in performing all tasks.
17. Shows leadership by working to SHE standards and encouraging employees to work to the same standards.
â€¢ Handle raw materials, transport from storage to dispenser room, weigh them as required per the batch formula and add them to required mixer. Additionally employees may be required to fill silos, complete final packaging and safely palletize and store raw materials and/or finished goods.
â€¢ Participate in inventory cycle counts.
â€¢ Take samples and analyze these; decide and communicate on operational action to be taken.
â€¢ Perform minor maintenance work on equipment when necessary to ensure continuous operation of process.
â€¢ Monitor equipment and process parameters; record process conditions and actions.
â€¢ Report disturbances to the lead operator and inform him about process adjustments/concerns.
â€¢ Incoming 3PRM sampling, visual inspection & release activities.
â€¢ Inspection and reconciliation of batch labels for premixes.
â€¢ Finished goods visual inspection & release activities.
Sample preparations for homogeneity & carryover activities.
â€¢ Sample preparations for process monitoring and quality plan lab submissions.
â€¢ Report deviations and assist in quality related deviation investigations and corrective actions.
â€¢ SHE involvement
â€¢ Possible involvement in various site teams (i.e. 5S, Behavior Based Safety, etc.)
â€¢ Batch Record filing and review
â€¢ Capable of participating in inventory cycle counts