|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Archer Western Construction, a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Pipefitter Foreman for the Central Valley WRF, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Pipefitter Foreman will supervise, coordinate, and schedule crew of 3-15 construction employees daily; oversee Pipefitting operation in assigned area.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises their crews within their specific area or portion of the project
- Schedules and coordinates activities of assigned craft workers while communicating and coordinating schedules with other trades
- Read specifications, such as plans to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment
- Train and supervise workers on company policies, safety practices, regulations and procedures
- 5 years Construction Foreman experience preferred
- 5-8 years of verifiable construction experience required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities; experience managing crews and subcontractors preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with crew members, project management, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ability to effectively read and understand work plans
- Requires ability to climb and maintain balance on scaffold/ladder
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs; may be required to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Requires the ability to comply with all safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure projects are completed properly.
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Requires good manual dexterity; may be standing, bending, kneeling or sitting for long periods.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
If hired by The Walsh Group, you must be in compliance with your employment location's COVID-19 related requirements, if any.
The Walsh Group, Ltd. Is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified applicants with disabilities to compete for jobs. To request a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please contact the Human Resources Department at or .
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran