|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Turner Industries Group is looking for P6 Scheduler to join our Project Controls Team at a site in Augusta, GA. Your responsibilities will be to schedule activities for civil, mechanical equipment, structural, pipe, steel, electrical and instrumentation scope. Relevant experience is a key factor in applicant selection.
Primary responsibilities and tasks: (other duties as assigned)
- Use Turner Best Practices to establish P6 schedule framework for each engagement
- Collaborate with client for common naming conventions, WBS, formats, and activity codes
- Collaborate with planners to establish the most efficient path of construction
- Document basis, assumptions, and clarifications of estimates
- Develop, maintain, and deliver resource-loaded schedules with milestones
- Support estimates for change order requests and other 'What if' scenarios
- Embed AWP processes into schedule with emphasis on transition from construction or maintenance, to systems turnover
- Monitor and document project progress within Turner Tools
- Produce resource histograms and Earned Value analysis using CPM principles
- Collaborate with field leadership to validate progress and plan forward, including recovery actions
Required work experience:
- Minimum 2 year of experience with applications in the MS Office Suite, and able to demonstrate advanced capability with Excel
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software on any combination of industrial maintenance, construction project, outage, or turnaround
- Minimum 2 years of jobsite mechanical craft experience or BS degree in Construction Management or related curriculum (NCCER certification, craft journeyman, or foreman in industrial construction or maintenance turnarounds is an additional benefit)
- Preferred: familiarity with Turner Applications, WinTake, QuickPlan, and PCS
- Ability to read and write in the English language
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Possess average communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem- solving skills
- Successfully complete post-employment-offer drug and alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Formally accept Company Drug, Alcohol and Contraband Policy
- Formally accept Company EEO and Workplace Harassment & Discrimination Policies
- Must have or meet the requirements to receive a TWIC card
- Expert level Oracle P6 Schedule building and maintaining
- Senior level CPM and in Construction Industrial Environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Expected to Complete of Turner Industries Group, Project Controls Training and/or skills assessment of equivalent knowledge
Employee will be required to follow oral and/or written directions, reading and writing with or without accommodation, ability to recognize and report safety hazards, ability to recognize and report violations of company policy, including but not limited to the company EEO and Workplace Harassment & Discrimination policies.
The items listed above cover the principal duties of this job. This description shall not be constructed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. This job description and job conditions are subject to change as needed in accordance with company or client requirements.
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST