|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
Cogent is a growing, midwest company in the fluid pumping, water processing/treatment business. Our companies include Automatic Engineering, BRI, Fluid Equipment, Lee Mathews, Industrial Measurement and Control, iME Solutions, Vanco, Vandevanter Engineering, Velocity and Water Technology Group. Our people make the difference. Our shared values define us as a team and bring our vision to life. Cogent companies are committed to providing compelling, pertinent and logical solutions while serving the local Industrial, Municipal, Commercial Building Trades, Oil & Gas markets. We are an employee-owned business where employees expect their teammates to work hard, be creative, and get engaged and together we build our future and share in the outcome!
Cogent is currently looking for a bright, self-driven individual to help run the inside workings of our Billings, MT Service Center. This position will be responsible for the coordination of the entire order process from beginning to end. This position plays an integral part in the overall operation of the sales and service department.
Essential duties of this position are:
• Prepares and distributes timely sales and service estimates.
• Follows up on specified sales and service estimates to uphold an acceptable quote closure ratio.
• Responsible for the procurement of all parts, equipment, and tools needed for each job.
• Utilizes the support and coordinates the work of the sales and service departments to ensure each order is managed with excellence.
• Monitors quality from project planning through order completion.
• Processes warranties and returns to vendors in a timely manner.
• Develops and maintains solid relationships with customers both internal and external.
Qualified candidates should have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
• Associate's degree or Vocational degree in Mechanics, Industrial Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
• Three years minimum experience in construction management, project management or equivalent.
• Ability to perform tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to elicit cooperation and defuse tension, if necessary in a customer service environment.
• Knowledge of purchasing and sales techniques.
• Excellent project management skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and phone etiquette skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel.
• Proficiency in P21 or other accounting/scheduling software programs.
• Physical requirements of this position are:
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to operate forklifts.
Other items of importance:
• The position is 80% office environment, 20% shop.
• Overtime, without prior notice, may be required.
• Travel may be required for training purposes.
We value a great attitude and hard work and in return provide competitive wages, employee ownership, benefits and career growth opportunities. To begin a rewarding career with Cogent, apply today!