|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Mechanic Helper with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Assists with operating, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair platform mechanical equipment according to applicable company requirements and OEM specifications. This includes, but is not limited to, reciprocating compressors, gas and diesel engines and generators and pumps.
- Assist with repairing and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps.
- Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauges micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc...
- Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
- Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
- Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
- Additional duties per Supervisor
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 2-3 years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.