|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Perry Villa Senior Citizens Apartments in Perryville, Maryland
Individual must be able to perform general repairs, painting and custodial work. Must be motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. Competitive Salary.
Maintenance Technician is instructed to maintain the facilities, property and grounds in good maintenance condition, to prepare vacant units for future occupancy, and to meet agency objectives in a pleasant, patient, and caring manner while working with residents.
Maintenance Technician duties and responsibilities
Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping a facility operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen. A Maintenance Technician will usually be required to perform a wide range of repair tasks around a facility. Some other tasks a Maintenance Technician may be called upon to do include:
- Maintain facilities, grounds, parking areas and multi-purpose building in a clean, neat and orderly manner: free of trash and debris.
- Observe and report to Supervisors any necessary maintenance problems.
- Purchase necessary equipment and supplies needed to maintain property with approval of Supervisors.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and work areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Assist in yearly inspection of grounds and apartment units.
- Respond to emergency repairs and maintenance. Home phone number is necessary.
- Follow daily maintenance schedule as provided by Supervisors.
- Maintain an accurate record of hours worked.
- Maintain accurate records on maintenance problems as required by Supervisors.
- Respond to remove snow and ice when necessary and communicate with Supervisors.
- Knowledge of minor electrical repair work is helpful. Major electrical and air conditioner repair work will be done by an electrical service company.
- Must be able to maintain plumbing fixtures and lines within project and perform minor repair and replacement work as necessary. Major repairs and replacement work will be done by outside service company.
- Complete all required interior and exterior painting as directed by Supervisors.
- Do necessary work to prepare vacant units for new tenant.
- Maintain grounds in a neat manner removing all leaves and debris as necessary. Trim trees and bushes as necessary. Grass cutting and major snow removal may be performed by an outside contractor.
- Attend any personnel meetings as required.
- Responsible for other duties assigned by Supervisors pertaining to the maintenance of the property agency.
- Must display a spirit of friendliness, politeness, concern, interest and cooperation to the residents and other employees and work accordingly.
Upper Shore Aging Housing Corporation is a non-profit organization that provides low-income elderly housing opportunities in Caroline, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot Counties.