|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician / Make Ready Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of one or more multifamily residential buildings located throughout the Oklahoma Metropolitan Area. In addition, the Maintenance Technician / Make Ready Technician will be expected to interact with tenants in a professional and friendly manner as a representative of Gold Wynn Residential.
Maintenance Technician / Make Ready Technician Duties Include:
- Managing the assigned residential building(s) to a high standard of quality and care.
- Turning over apartment units in a timely and high-quality manner and helping to prepare a monthly schedule to track progress and costs.
- Completing daily work orders, maintaining and updating the work order system, and making sure that there is no backlog in work orders
- plumbing & appliance repair duties
- electrical troubleshooting and repair duties
- A/C repair duties (with proper certification)
- painting and carpentry work
- other technical labor, as required
- Helping to contribute to the monthly budget set out by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Helping to schedule and supervising contracted services as needed (H.V.A.C., electrical, plumbing, elevators, boilers, snow removal, and parking structure maintenance, etc.) to ensure the quality of work.
- Maintaining supplies and equipment inventory and service/repair logs every month to provide a record of performance.
- Overseeing necessary contractors to ready apartments for re-lease, i.e., carpet cleaning, painting, etc., within the timeframe determined by the Facilities and/or Property Manager.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, suppliers, contractors, vendors and regulatory agencies, and the other staff members of the Community.
- Developing a clear understanding of site and unit layouts, property features, and areas of concern. Visiting property amenities, common areas, and vacant units regularly ensures that all comply with the highest standard of cleanliness, reliability, and safety.
- Maintaining On Call availability and handling property emergencies during business hours and after-hours efficiently.
- Ensuring that all facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Working closely with the Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities, and/or Property Manager on other tasks, as required, and executing assigned tasks and initiatives with accuracy, urgency, and care.
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated work experience with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC is required.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of contracting practices, building equipment operations (including heat pumps, central fire systems, boilers, cooling towers, elevators, makeup air, etc.), and vendor management.
- Ability to recognize problems and provide practical solutions
- Demonstrate a strong sense of personal accountability and honesty
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding skills in interpersonal relations and communications
- A dynamic, outgoing, and positive personality that is complimented by an approachable and collaborative attitude.
- A clear understanding of and compliance with federal and state landlord-tenant laws and Fair Housing laws and standards.
- A hands-on approach that is supported by strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.