|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
At Cocoon House we empower young people, families, and communities in Snohomish County to break the cycle of homelessness through outreach, housing, and prevention. Currently, our Operations department is looking for the right person to fill the important role of the Maintenance Technician who works at all of our facilities in both Everett and Monroe. The ultimate purpose of this position is to provide ongoing maintenance, oversight, and planning at our facilities to ensure a functional use for different departments and programs.
Our Maintenance Technician...
- Communicates clearly and effectively across agency and with outside partners
- Actively problem-solves when challenges arise
- Accepts a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices
- Assesses facility emergency situations, gathers pertinent information, and provides proper response
- Responsible for after-hours emergencies every other week either on-site or over the phone
- Follows instructional guides for building and systems
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA requirements
What does a shift look like?
Full-time: 40 hrs/week
- Maintain cleanliness of exterior and interior grounds
- Complete basic facility repairs such as: drywall repair, painting, unit turns, basic plumbing and electrical
- Minimal seasonal landscaping at all sites
- Prioritize and manage work orders in a database between all locations with minimal supervision
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health options with employer contribution
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 21 days of PTO accrued in first year
- 10 agency-recognized holidays
- Mileage reimbursement of $220/month
- Paid training & testing: CPR/first aid, food handler's permit, blood borne pathogens, abuse awareness, TB testing, and additional in-depth practical trainings
Pay Scale: $23-25/hr
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities upon request.
Candidates with lived experience, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 2+ years of experience in general building and ground maintenance
- DSHS background clearance
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s)
- Valid WA driver's license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance
- Both orally and in writing, communicate effectively with staff, other programs, and vendors
- Be able to hear voices and alarms.
- Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth perception, and visual ability to read a variety of materials.
- Have dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, and safely use common tools for repairs