|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Reliability Maintenance Technician position plays a key role in both the asset health and reliability of operating equipment to ensure production targets are met while working within a safe environment. The Reliability Maintenance Technician is responsible for executing preventative maintenance procedures on all plant equipment. The Reliability Maintenance Technician understands and executes safe working practices including the usage of proper PPE.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all plant safety policies and procedures
- Actively intervenes to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Performs predictive maintenance based on testing protocols
- Performs preventative maintenance described in equipment maintenance manuals. Including:
- Gearboxes, complex mechanical adjustments
- Replacement of mechanical parts; bearings, gears, motors
- Horizontal Decanter Centrifuges o Hydraulic units
- Equipment rebuild; pumps, mechanical assemblies
- Keep accurate records, complete required paperwork and reports
- Collaborates with plant personnel to resolve maintenance problems and keeps manufacturing equipment operating with the least amount of unscheduled downtime
- Responsible for the maintenance of all plant equipment
- Follows all plant food safety policies and procedures
- Communicates issues and corrective actions back to the team
- Identifies root cause of problems and effectively initiates immediate corrective action to prevent recurrence
Food Safety/Quality Responsibilities
The Reliability Maintenance Technician performs work on critical plant systems which can effect food safety and quality. This position is responsible to ensure that all work completed is followed by proper sanitation, tool accountability, documentation, and supervisory check off. This position is backed up by other trained Reliability Maintenance Technicians as well as Maintenance leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic background
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally & written) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Basic understanding of commercial plumbing, HVAC and fire systems
- Strong judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks.
Skills And Capabilities
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good natured, cooperative attitude
- Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job Team Work
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Independence - Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions