|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Laborer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Must be able to perform physical work. The tasks that the employee will be assigned to perform will require them to follow instructions very carefully.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills n safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- The employee must be able to deal correctly with problems involving a few variables in or form very standard situations
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties that may possibly change
- Employees must with within standards of accuracy
- Be able to repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and evaluate information using measurable standards
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- The employee is expected to work using all the safe equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by Wood
Skills / Qualifications
- Positions require working in climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work
- Employees must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships.
- The employee must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- The ability to work in elevated positions is a must
- The employee must be able to work in confined spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield
- The heavy work demands will require up to 100 pounds of force to be exerted occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force to be exerted frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force to be exerted constantly to move objects
NOTE: The location of most job sites are within the confines of a chemical plant environment. Prior to working at the job site, specific training will be provided as to the nature of the products in that area, the safety requirements, the necessary protective equipment needed, procedures to follow should abnormal conditions arise
Less than 1 Year
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.