|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Journeyman Plumber Position Description
Fifty years ago,the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Grow Your Career with UMC, Inc.
Journeyman Plumber Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability and Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your family
- Paid Time Off From Date of Hire
- Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
Journeyman Plumber Pay Range (Hourly)
Salary: $37.00 - $39.00
Actual pay depends on journeyman level, education, skills test evaluation, experience, and performance.
The successful Journeyman Plumber will 4 years of experience in plumbing and continually improve their knowledge and skills to provide quality work completed safely within production timelines whileliving UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values and teaching others the trade.
Journeyman Plumber Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Install various types of plumbing pipe, equipment, PVC, sweat and solder copper and cast-iron pipes. Install fixtures (sinks, toilets, urinals, fountains, bathtubs, and showers) Install and maintain plumbing systems used for drainage, sewage, and potable water. Locate, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace plumbing equipment and fixtures as necessary.
- Enforce and comply with site safety procedures and policies.
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in pre-planning and safety discussions before work begins.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE as always required. Ensures all work performed using proper installation procedures and safety practices.
- Have a passion for teaching others the trade. Demonstrates patience, good teaching skills, and shares knowledge with apprentices.
- Always treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Site-Superintendent.
- All new hires will be subject to a 60-day evaluation probationary period.
Journeyman Plumber Qualifications
- Journeyman must hold a valid Journeyman's License
- 4 years of plumbing experience
- Multi-Family experience helpful.
- Must be able to pass a plumbing skills test. The result of this test helps determine position level and pay.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the confidentiality of business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Must have professional communication skills.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Colorado Compliance:UMC, Inc. will not retaliate against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your direct supervisor, the project manager, or human resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer