|Location||Not Specified, New York|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Instrument Controls and Electrician (IC&E) technician, reports to the Operations Supervisor and takes an active role in the entire operations and maintenance process within the plant. This is a Monday through Friday (8- hour a day position normally). Call-ins do happen on the occasion, since this is a 24 x 7 operation. A stipend will be paid to you while using your personal cell phone for company business.
Fire Retardant work uniforms are required and will be provided, through our uniform provider.
The Carr Street facility is a 105MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine facility located in East Syracuse NY and is made up of 2 x GE LM6000 Gas Turbines and 1 x Mitsubishi Steam Turbine.
In an operations capacity, the Instrument and Controls/Electrician (IC&E) technician works with the Operations Supervisor and the Control Room Operators (CRO) for ensuring CEM Systems are functioning properly and are Calibrated with each operational day. They will continue with day to day safe and reliable operations of the plants electrical/ electronic equipment.
In a maintenance capacity, the (IC&E) technician must be self-motivated and work with the Operations Supervisor, CRO and AXO for addressing any issues noted with process's or controls. These responsibilities will include performing various tasks to install, repair, modify, calibrate, diagnose, test, maintain and clean most equipment.
The Instrument Controls and Electrician (IC&E) technician must be proficient in the use of the computer operating systems for Word, Excel and IFS. This to include the operating systems for the DCS, ENGINE and CEMS Control/ Monitoring Systems.
They must be able to communicate with management & crew when researching plant equipment information.
The Primary equipment at the facility include:
- Bailey Infi-90 DCS
- Woodward Governors for the gas and steam turbine controls
- GE LM6000 Aeroderivative Gas Turbines
- Mitsubishi steam turbine
- BRUSH Air-cooled brushless Generators.
- GEC ALSTOM Generator
The IC&E Tech position also requires knowledge in typical power generation sub-systems:
- Gas compression
- Water purification
- Air emission controls (CEMS)
- Wastewater treatment
- Electrical distribution.
- proficient with different computer systems
- Monitor start-up, operation and shutdown of plant systems in accordance with plant procedures;
- When the facility is in operation, the (IC&E) tech shall work with the Operations Supervisor and the CRO for the safe and reliable operation of the plant. The facility shall be operated within all documented permits, specifications, design parameters and operating procedures;
- Chemistry Test Analyzers are calibrated and accurate for sampling all waters used at the facility for protecting the two ZURN and one Clever Brooks Boilers, a Cooling tower water systems and a Gas Turbine NOx water system.
- When the facility is in a shutdown condition, the IC&E tech will perform tasks maintaining the facility with a high Available Factor. This includes troubleshooting, repairing all I&C equipment;
- Request parts necessary for maintenance tasks and document inventory amounts accordingly.
- Maintain a level of proficiency with the PM process to enter work orders and track the status of requested parts into the IFS management system;
- Identify and document all observed plant deficiencies both written and electronically in (IFS) with regards to plant maintenance (PMs) and work orders (WOs);
- Assist in updating and maintaining all plant documentation, site drawings and vendor documentation;
- Participate in all scheduled training activities;
- Must become proficient with all plant systems. This will require familiarization of all aspects of system design, operation and maintenance
- Maintain Compliance with New York State air and water permits and reporting
- Associates Degree or vocational training in related field;
- One to three years' experience performing similar work in a power generation field, preferred.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge in generation facility electrical, instrumentation and process controls for operations and maintenance.
- Display a sound electrical safety knowledge along with computer skills, math, mechanical aptitude, process / production control and analytical problem solving;
- Have good organizational skills, to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Demonstrate good oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and coordinate work daily with other Brookfield divisions and external organizations;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as necessary, for startups, shutdowns and outages.
- Must understand and follow company Safety and Environmental Policies for conducting day to day work.
- Must be able to operate in a team environment, of 10 staff members in a cycling merchant energy business.