|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Heavy Equipment Shop Technician
EquipmentShare is searching for a Heavy Equipment Shop Technician in Austin, TX.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare's product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare's rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it's a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we've built into our rental fleet. And it's just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow with Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer's experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We're seeking a Heavy Equipment Shop Technician who loves a challenge and wants the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you'll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
Our Tech Should
Shop Technician will provide maintenance and repair for a variety of customer- and company-owned heavy equipment machinery and aerial lifts. You'll document service, perform functionality and safety tests, and spend a great amount of time working one-on-one with our customers. You should have super strong electrical and hydraulic knowledge, plus experience reading and understanding electrical schematics.
- Champion safe job practices for repairing equipment
- Have the ability to lead and supervise others to accomplish common goals
- Able to read and understand schematics
- Use technology (laptops and tablets) comfortably
- Ability to operate and teach others to use diagnostic tools and equipment
- Be eager and able to fix nearly any piece of equipment
- Enjoy working directly with customers to solve their problems
- Work well in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Be knowledgeable of OSHA requirements (preferred)
Our mission to change an entire industry is a grand mission, so we only hire people who are up to take on this massive challenge with us. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to make a tangible difference at work and succeed. We want employees who are energized by challenge instead of turning away from it.
What You're Working With
- You can lift a maximum amount of 50 lbs.
- You can stoop, bend, climb and crawl without restrictions
- At least five years of experience in field service, maintenance and repair
- High school diploma or trade school certificate
- Valid driver's license
- Must have have tools applicable to the position
Why We're a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits (medical, dental and vision)
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- With us, you get a chance to be a part of a growing startup's success and build the foundation for our future
Since our founding in 2015, we've had explosive growth-and we're not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we'd love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V