|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Brad Cole Construction (BCC) was founded in 1977 and provides site development, infrastructure improvement and heavy civil construction services for complex construction projects and a wide range of customer. With the motto "strength to build on" the company services the industrial, power, government, transportation and commercial industries. We are known for our safety culture and our dedication to each other and our clients. BCC is headquartered in Carrollton, GA and an ASRC Industrial Services Company (AIS). ASRC Industrial Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
Equipment operators will work under the direct supervision of the jobsite foreman, superintendent, and project manager. The equipment operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and effective manner. Equipment under this job description may include but not limited to: trucks, excavators, dozers, scrapers, compactors, and tractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
• Operate equipment effectively and within the equipment's operating capabilities to ensure deadlines of job are met.
• Perform daily equipment inspections and operator preventive maintenance checks.
• Report any malfunctions of equipment or problems to immediate supervisor.
• Maintain cleanliness inside cab of equipment and windows.
• Ensure equipment is properly shut down and stored at the end of the shift.
• Maintain accurate logs and records
• Adhere to corporate safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
• Wear all company required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Wear seatbelts in all pieces of equipment at all times with no exceptions.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
• This position requires working in the internal and external environment.
• This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must successfully pass written test on equipment and functionality and competency tests
• Must be able to wear mandatory Personal Protective Equipment including at a minimum: steel toed boots, safety vest, hard hat, eye protection, and hearing protection.
• Must possess knowledge of equipment and workplace safety.
• Must demonstrate skills in communications and teamwork.
• Must be able to lift, pull and manage heavy equipment and objects up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors in exposure to extreme heat and cold.
• Must be able to take company required precautions to be protected from irritants due to possible exposure to eye, nose and skin irritants
• Stress level may be increased due to schedule of work and demands of completing task safety and on time.
• Must be able to climb ladders and climb up to and into cabs on heavy equipment.
• Must be able to walk over uneven and broken ground.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Brad Cole Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.