|Location||Florida, New York|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Are you the Best Mechanic to ever turn a wrench?!
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment (Yellow Iron) Mechanic to join our team at our JED Landfill location in St Cloud, FL . In this position you will be doing preventative maintenance and minor repairs on our heavy equipment. Monday-Friday Day Shift with some occasional work outside those hours. This is an hourly position typically working 50-55 hours. On top of competitive pay also offer family benefits, 401k, and vacation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, motor grader, scraper. Able to operate preferred , but not required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is desired.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, writes, comprehend and communicate service and technical information.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified (mechanic experience).
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)