|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention Bonus
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Bonus offered for limited time and only for Grounds, Make Ready and Maintenance Technician roles. First $250 awarded after successfully completing 90 days of employment; $500 awarded after 6-months of satisfactory employment.
Compensation: Starting at $17.97 per hour or higher, based on experience.
Prairie Lakes Apartments is currently seeking a hardworking, self-motivated, Make Ready Maintenance Technician to join our successful and growing team! If you have the skills required for this position, apply today and see why Edward Rose & Sons is the right career move for you!
The Make Ready Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing required steps to ensure all vacant apartment homes are restored to a market-ready status, within the allotted time-frame and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Successful candidates will possess basic maintenance skills, along with some organizational skills to track the status of apartments being turned.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. The right candidate will be highly motivated and capable of performing all turnover maintenance tasks.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Effectively meet turnover deadlines on a consistent basis with no issues or defects present upon resident move-in.
- Work efficiently to avoid duplication of work or multiple trips to and from the shop during the make-ready process.
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting, shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage disposal installations, and repairs.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs.
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing doors, doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and step replacement.
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and light fixtures.
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub surrounds.
- Successfully perform window installations.
- Maintain and effectively use the appropriate tools necessary for success in the role.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and company policies and procedures.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Accurately report parts and supplies needed to effectively restock inventory (if applicable, based on location).
- Assist with snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on location).
- Monitor grounds conditions and participate in daily grounds sweep (if applicable, based on location).
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is preferred.
- Experience in painting is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and administrative purposes.
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather conditions.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.