|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
At Veo, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through our dockless pedal bike, e-bike and e-scooter systems. We also offer fat-tire bikes, cargo bikes and ADA-compliant bikes - making us the only shared mobility provider with this breadth of options. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation, making the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service so users can unlock joy in their day! We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions. We're headquartered in Chicago, IL, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Are you the person your friends call when someone's bike or scooter needs to be fixed or repaired? Do you need to know how machines work? Are you passionate about bikes and micro-mobility? If so, you might be Veo's next Mechanic!
As a Veo Mechanic, you'll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our electric scooters and e-bikes. Veo seeks mechanics who are passionate about providing riders with excellent customer service by performing maintenance on our vehicles and continually improving the efficiency of our fleet operations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player who has experience taking apart and fixing scooters and/or bikes, likes solving problems, enjoys working with his or her hands, and is eager to be active throughout an entire shift.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance of e-vehicle fleet
- Fix electrical and lock issues
- Perform brake adjustment/replacement
- Utilize available & implement new technology to optimize day-to-day operations
- Track inventory levels for spare parts on an ongoing basis
- Maintain excellent warehouse organization and set example for teammates
- Perform field tasks as needed such as: vehicle loading and redistribution, respond to on-demand and in field customer service requests
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1 or more years of mechanical experience; additional electric skills preferred
- Bike and/or scooter repair and maintenance experience
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs and be on your feet for the entirety of a shift
- Knowledge of the local geography and street layout
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Flexible schedule including early morning, night, and weekend shifts
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player
- Perform field tasks as needed such as: vehicle loading and redistribution, respond to on-demand and field customer service requests
- Passionate about making your community a better place to live and ride
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/dental/vision coverage and 401k
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early stage technology company
- VeoRide credits
- Flexible work hours
Powered by JazzHR