|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Responsible for assisting in the supervision and coordination of duties of the department to ensure that all property grounds are maintained to the highest level.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all departmental daily responsibilities and special projects are carried out in an efficient and professional manner, and in accordance with Company standards of performance.
- Responsible for ground maintenance, including cleaning and maintaining the outside parameters of the assigned areas, maintaining trash areas, trash removal and non-skilled general maintenance work.
- Maintains all flower and plant beds, cleaning them of any trash, weeds, etc.
- Maintains lawn areas, mows, weed eats and edges the area.
- Operates all equipment and uses chemicals in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and in a safe manner.
- Maintains appropriate fertilizer and water levels on grass, shrubs, plants, etc.
- Maintains all lawn equipment; ensures cleanliness and working conditions.
- Reports all maintenance problems, associate grievances, and pertinent information for proper resolution to management.
- Leads by setting a positive example to all associates.
- Interacts with guests and other departments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED; two years ground maintenance experience required. A degree in Horticulture or a related field is preferred.
Must be licensed by the state of Mississippi in commercial pesticide usage or obtain pesticide license within 90 days of hire. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential responsibilities include moderate to heavy physical ability. Must possess the ability to see and differentiate between colors (blue, green, red, yellow, purple, and brown). Lift or maneuver at least sixty (60) pounds, walk or stand for 75% of the assign shift. Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling required throughout shift. Must be able to work outdoors through temperature extremes and changing weather conditions such as drought, rain, ice, and snow.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and regularly exposed to extreme heat. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The associate is exposed to hazardous cleaning type chemicals and pesticides. Use of necessary personal protective equipment when operating tools and equipment. Must be able to climb and work from ladders, platforms and lifts at extended vertical heights up to a level of 16 feet. Must be able to work in an industrial type environment with a potential noise level reaching in excess of 100db at times.
The noise level in the work environment is loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.