|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Requisition ID: 45
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Floor Tech in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we'd love to have you on our team!
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Heavy housekeepers/floor care technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (dust and wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, resident rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as dining rooms.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The heavy housekeeper/floor technician is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.
- The heavy housekeeper/floor care technician is responsible for collecting trash/recycling/soiled linen from the units and for the proper disposal of trash/recycling/laundry in an outside/soiled linen barrel container.
- Work involves pulling and pushing, carrying weight up to 50 pounds, twisting, bending and reaching from floor to waist height and from waist to above head.
- Applies stripper to floors (slippery surface) to remove old wax then refinishes floors with new wax product.
- Some outside work may be assigned, including policing grounds.
- Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers, residents and client staff.
- The heavy housekeeper/floor care technician consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in floor care preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of how to strip, wax and burnish floors with minimal to no assistance upon completion of initial training period.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision or other employee assistance after the training period is completed, and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
HCSG is one of the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities.