|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
LEAD Fixture/ Tool Builder (aerospace) Loc.: Shelby Township, MI Company builds checking and work holding fixtures Pay rate: $30 - 32/hr, based on exp. $33-35/hr for Leader role Role/ Responsibilities:
- Review fixture in process checklist for conformance before inspection.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude.
- Build fixture per work instructions, blue print and quality standards.
- Ability to analyze situations and provide solutions.
- Ability to execute assembly functions under minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Accountability for product being worked on within the department.
- Utilize required equipment to meet product specifications and quality requirements.
- Operate equipment within proper safety parameters.
- Notify supervisor of any safety concerns as necessary.
- Complete any fixture identification needed; tags, plates, etc.
- Follow Quality Management System requirements.
- Log in and out of E2.
- Knowledge of fixture building
- Use of height gage, indicators, micrometers and calipers
- Operate Bridgeport, Lathe, Surface Grinder equipment
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
- Basic math skills
- Basic PC skills
- Advanced blueprint reading - Advanced GD&T knowledge
- Effective communication skills
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Quality System Requirements
- Safety / PPE
- Operate Hi-Lo
- Manually lift less than 40 lbs.
Required: Must have experience building large aerospace tooling & checking fixtures. Must have minimum 2 years experience Hours: 6am-4:30pm Avg. 50 - 60 hrs/ week *Permanent position, 90 day contract to direct hire; will consider direct-hire for the right candidate