|Location||Idaho Falls, Idaho|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
CRI is looking for an onsite Field Services Technician to join our Idaho Falls based team. The Field Services Technician I on our Field Services team reports directly to the Field Services Supervisor providing support to diagnose and resolve problems with computer hardware/software, and peripherals at the desktop/laptop level. This role is onsite and no remote options, and requires at least 1 year of Technical Support experience.
Prospective and/or new employees in this role will be required to adhere with customer's vaccination policy. Current customer requirement is that employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. This policy is subject to change. Employees will be notified of any changes or updates as they occur.
- Perform Return-to-Service (RTS) activities.
- Provide break-fix incident support and service request fulfillment on-site. .
- Install and uninstall software, hardware, computers, and peripherals-specific to break fix.
- Image and re-image new and existing computers.
- Partner with other areas within BEA to update asset tracking.
- Device support for break fix, and new provisioning of, services for desktop, laptop, tablet, virtual machine, mobile device, smart phone, collaboration equipment, etc.
- Maintenance of an inclusive knowledge base of common resolution techniques for Windows.
- Participate in root cause analysis with BEA Tier 3 teams.
- Coordinate with other in-scope functions of this statement of work and IM Network Infrastructure to ensure cabling, patching, and router/switch configurations are completed so technicians can perform their work.
- Technicians shall make a reasonable effort to verify that non-standard hardware and software is in working order.
- Record, assign, and track through completion all end user variance requests to standard configurations.
- Remain interface for the user throughout the variance process. Variance requests shall be approved prior to the Subcontractor performing work on the device.
- When working on a computer, ensure that it has the standard configuration (i.e. joined to the domain, antivirus installed and running, in NIC, etc.).
- During OS installs and updates, technicians shall provide a functional validation of standard applications the user will be accessing. This means ensuring Microsoft Office products and other standard applications are functioning.
- Communicate with the user to set a date for when the work shall be completed and complete the work by or before the scheduled date. If changes to the anticipated completion time occur (e.g., delivery of parts is delayed, other higher priorities arise, the user is out of the office on business travel, short-term disability, etc.,), communicate with the user and establish a new date.
- Communicate with the user frequently with status updates. Exceptions would be for future scheduled events such as a conference support or a loaner laptop reservation.
- Tickets and resolutions are reviewed by mentor and/or Technical Lead daily and weekly, as needed.
- Always maintain a professional and courteous demeanor providing timely, respectful, and thorough customer service. Communicate with the most appropriate method to team members and client.
- Prospective and/or new employees in this role will be required to adhere with customer's vaccination policy. Current customer requirement is that employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. This policy is subject to change. Employees will be notified of any changes or updates as they occur.
- Must be a and be able to obtain HSPD-12 Clearance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of Technical Support experience
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computers and related technology efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems and products
- Tier 1 Apple certifications
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Linux platforms
Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without reasonable accommodation. The information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform these actions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, turning and twisting - Occasionally
- Ability to reach, feel and handle items - Constantly
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another - Constantly
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic) - Constantly
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers - Constantly
- Operating motor vehicles - Occasionally
- Physical Demands - Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces - Occasionally
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time - Occasionally
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 25 pounds in all directions - Occasionally
- Communicating with others to exchange information - Constantly
- Operating machinery and/or power tools - Never
- Regular, predictable attendance is required - Constantly
Great things happen when you have the CRI Advantage!
CRI has a family-oriented company culture and is family-owned. Our management team believes employee growth is equally important to company growth and offers many types of learning opportunities and free training for industry certifications from online educational portals to self-directed funding for individuals. We work on unique projects including supporting missions involving national security, energy research, law enforcement, transportation, and health and welfare. We are headquartered in the Pacific Northwest (Boise, ID) with offices in Idaho Falls and DC.
Our corporate mission from the very beginning has been to make a positive difference in people's lives * Provide freedom of choice in benefits packages.
CRI Advantage provides flexible benefit packages to fit employee and family needs. Benefits are effective from the first day of employment.
- Medical (PPO and HDHP plans), Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals, Paid Holidays, and for some roles - sick leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Rewards Program
- Free technical and professional training with access to over 8,000 classes
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Wellness Program
CRI Advantage is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.