|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Requisition ID: 152205
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Southeast District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too. We depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-minded construction professionals to get it done right. As a field engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities with the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. In addition, we look to hire you to join the entire Kiewit family for a career. This is not just a job, single project, or stepping stone.
You will be required to perform engineering work in connection with a wide variety of infrastructure projects that range in size, difficulty, and duration. You will also be involved in the district estimating unit at various points in your career, which involves quantity takeoffs, time studies, cost estimating, participating in estimate reviews and bid close-out.
Kiewit's Southeast District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include building bridges, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations or tunnels.?We also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures. Although most of our work is regionally based in the southeast region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the east coast. We are are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design. Because our people receive continuous and extensive training, hands-on experience, and challenging responsibilities from the day they join our team, they quickly develop the expertise that has earned our district its reputation as the premier contractor in the southeast United States.
While the Southeast District is based in Peachtree City, Georgia, one of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets, and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. The Southeast district has regional offices and projects throughout Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia, and Maryland, and you'll have endless opportunities for growth as you take on every new challenge.
- Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
- Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
- Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
- Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's)
- Assist in providing solutions related to construction operations
- Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
- Order and schedule material deliveries
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
- Supervise field operations
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications, and other contract documents
- Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
- Assist engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
- Participate in the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
- Schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
- Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
- Enter data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
- Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
- Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
- Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
- Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
- Willingness to travel and relocate to small and large cities as business requires as we operate on a national scale
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
- Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time, including working
- rotating schedules, shift work, or weekend work as required by projects
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver's License
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Engineer 1
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.