|Location||Carlsbad, New Mexico|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a great career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Field Mechanic in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The mechanic will provide Maintenance and support on production facilities and compressor/booster stations. Looking for local candidates working a 5/2 schedule.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ensure operations sites are being maintained in a safe manner.
- Coordinating and planning major overhauls of Compressor packages
- Routine maintenance and support on reciprocating & screw compressors
- Work on VRU's and gas lift
- Coordinating and overseeing major repairs and overhauls on pumps, compressors and engines
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of equipment associated with gas liquefaction and production facilities
- Working directly with vendors to resolve rotating equipment/parts issues
- Working directly with engineers to resolve compressor issues
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of formal or industry experience in oil/gas field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of screw & reciprocating compressors
- M be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from experienced facility personnel
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures
- Must be able to communicate, and work with other personnel, departments, and outside officials.
- Basic Computer skills needed for planning, scheduling, record keeping, regulations, engine analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Self-starter with strong planning, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated HSE leadership ability & desire to deliver Zero Incident HSE results
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.