|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC ("Phoenix"), founded in 1986 and headquartered in Avon, Indiana, is one of the nation's leading construction company in elevated water towers and storage containers. Phoenix has constructed over 5,000 elevated water storage tanks throughout the United States as well as several foreign countries. By employing our own field crews, Phoenix offers a turnkey operation through engineering, fabrication, foundation installation, field erection, field coating and maintenance. Phoenix maintains the industry's highest-rated safety construction and safe working environment that has earned Phoenix numerous "Tank of the Year" awards from the Steel Tank Institute/Steel Plate Fabricators Association, American Water Works Association, and Tnemec Industrial Coatings.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities for Field Concrete Laborer:
- Vibrating and placing concrete using proper techniques of concrete placement and consolidation with the ability to setup/adjust concrete forms while reinforcing steel for proper placement.
- Ability to set and remove false risers and cranes, assembly and disassembly of work platforms including placing and jumping concrete wall forms.
- Knowledge of concrete batching including properly tying rebar and wire mesh.
- Experience with hand tools including the use of drills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Ability to operate shaft cranes and forklifts with minimal supervision.
- Assist crane operators in positioning loads maintaining equipment and inspecting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to lift material, equipment and tools while loading and unloading trucks.
- Maintain an organized work area free from any unnecessary hazards associated with the work being performed.
- Perform general housekeeping and all assigned duties as directed by supervision.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualification Requirements for Field Concrete Laborer:
( To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These may be varied based on specific requirements of a location or project )
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent.
- Requires basic knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired by the Shaft 3 position producing architectural grade concrete for support pedestals.
- Basic oral communication skills are required with the ability to do basic math and read a tape measure.
- Must be able to perform job duties at heights up to 300 feet
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands for Field Concrete Laborer:
( The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. )
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands and fingers to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move and/or pull up to 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) of equipment, material and/or tools which may include lifting 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) above shoulders. Must also be capable of climbing onto trailers or trucks to secure and move equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment for Field Concrete Laborer:
( The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job .)
The employee works in high precarious places, is potentially exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dust, non-weather heat, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is also regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate but may be loud at certain times. Extensive work-related travel. The employee must be available during traditional and non-traditional hours (40 plus per week) to complete assigned tasks according to contract or job requirements.
Compensation for Field Concrete Laborer:
- Competitive hourly wages depending on experience and qualifications.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Overtime eligibility
- Perdiem for food and boarding expenses per work day.
- Prevailing wages based on the state wages
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between jobs.
Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Phoenix Fabricators and Erectors, LLC is also an E-Verify participant.