|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our team in Longmont, CO possible remote based role. This role is responsibile for the estimating effort for industrial projects from conceptual design through planning and construction.
The Estimator is responsible for the preparation of conceptual, definitive, home office man-hour, and equipment factored total installed cost estimates. Also involved in preparing economic cost studies, cash flows, and contingency analyses. Responsible for setting strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, budgeting, and establishing and maintaining the technical standards within the discipline.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares complete and accurate estimates of all material cost and field labor man-hours, in accordance with established methods.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation and evaluation of estimates.
- Utilizes detailed engineering data to determine quantities and types of materials.
- Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, budgeting, and establishing and maintaining the technical standards within the discipline.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure all cost elements used in the compilation of estimates are accurate and aligned to current client contract T&Cs
- Liaise with planning department and project engineer to verify project start date and duration
- Liaise with procurement and engineering departments on 3rd party cost estimation.
- Liaise with project controls and engineering disciplines to proactively identify projects which may require Change Request prepared in advance of work taking place.
- Responsible for historical analysis of the accuracy of past estimates, identifying trends and potential accuracy improvement opportunities.
- Ensures compatibility of engineering data on all information supplied as to adherence and compliance to applicable codes, the organization's standards, and client requirements.
- Maintains current pricing data file for commodities in the field of expertise.
- Reviews actual job files to measure the accuracy of estimate and to retrieve data for future use.
- Assists in establishing new methods and practices for the preparation of estimates.
- Provides assistance and guidance to subordinates.
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances
- May solicit cost data from various departments and vendors for unusual items.
- Prepares estimates as required on change orders, preliminary estimates, design cost comparisons, statistical analysis, bid evaluations, requests for vendor extras, and audits of vendor and fabricator invoices.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 + years' experience required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- High level of intellectual ability.
- Timberline Estimating Software is a plus
- Shares expertise with others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Adapts to changes in work environment.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Supports everyone's effort to succeed.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. May require close vision work.
- May be required to walk the job site
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.