|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Estimator. Reporting to the Project Services Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Preparing all levels of capital cost estimates from Order of Magnitude to detail for Mining projects.
- Participating in the development of the Project Execution Plan, Estimate Development Plan, and Basis of Estimate
- Coordinating information exchange between the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Groups
- Overseeing the development of discipline MTOs, material pricing, labour rates and labour work-hour units for estimates
- Maintaining appropriate documentation to support estimate preparation and review, as well as updating the estimating database.
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and subcontractors to support capital cost estimates.
- Understanding and directing effort to focus on significant cost drivers
- Estimates contingency and escalation using in-house models, actively participates in contingency discussions and recommendations (internal & client)
- Preparing final estimate summaries and analyzing each section for scope, pricing, and completeness
- During estimate reviews, determining if estimate parameters fall within accepted norms for the project estimate location and type of facility
- Preparing presentations and presenting estimates to internal management and client management
Skills / Qualifications
- An engineering degree or engineering technologist diploma in related field.
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience in estimating capital costs for minerals processing plants.
- Ability to work at an advanced level with all Microsoft Office applications; specifically in Excel.
- Experience with cost estimating and scheduling software.
- Effective organizational skills, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Demonstrated skill to identify and solve problems in a prompt and decisive manner
- Sound knowledge of construction processes
- Knowledge of the AACEI estimate classifications and guidelines
- Leadership experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven capability in delivering presentations to management & clients
- Experience in EPC bids would be considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.