|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Job Summary Serves as a liaison for maintenance and construction personnel involved in campus projects and manages project contracts for the University. Essential Functions - Reviews, writes and issues contracts according to submitted bids to determine cost and stated duration of project.
- Receives and develops project cost estimates, schedules, and key development issues for customers using database and estimating software and project design.
- Schedules and attends pre-bid meetings relating to upcoming university building projects.
- Maintains computer data base to order and track purchased materials and supplies needed for projects.
- Prices Requests for Proposal (RFP) for each project as required and generate a RFP log for tracking purposes.
- Maintains, monitors and controls computer data base on sensitive project information.
- Communicates with both internal departments/customers and external customers keeping them informed of events, plan changes/modifications, related activities and answering questions. Minimum Education and Experience Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study Discipline appropriate to position; Degree in Building Sciences, Engineering, or related field Years of Experience Level I: 2 years Area of Experience Experience with construction practices Requirements for Additional Job Levels Level II: Bachelors degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 4 years experience with construction practices
Level III: Bachelors degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 6 years experience with construction practices Alternate Minimum Education and Experience (If available) Education Level Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed. Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications Minimum Skills and Abilities Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications Desired Qualifications Desired Qualifications