|Location||Morgan City, Louisiana|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Trades & Services
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As directed by the Equipment Coordinator, executes the onshore preparation, repair, calibration, and maintenance of all Survey Services equipment to include surface positioning, subsea acoustics, AUV and ROV survey sensors, conventional geophysical, light geotechnical and support equipment. The role will also support C-Nav technical support group with testing, maintaining and mobilization of C-Nav GNSS equipment in the EMEA region. As part of the C-Nav support the role will include taking part in an on-call rotation for weekend and out of hours support.
The candidate will undertake dual responsibilities within this role, primarily supporting the survey team with regular support to the C-Nav team. Survey Equipment Coordinator will liaise with the C-Nav Operations coordinator to ensure the workload is managed in an efficient way for both parties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all survey equipment, inventory, availability, inspection, repair, calibration and maintenance, compliance , including all relevant documentation.
- Responsible for conducting repair, calibration, and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Responsible for the receiving, offloading, and staging of offshore equipment returned to base.
- Responsible for conducting non-workshop related maintenance.
- In conjunction with SCM, assists in the movements and compliance of all survey owned equipment and 3rd party rental equipment.
- Ensures that maintenance standards are being executed with Oceaneering maintenance standards, manufacturer recommendations and regulatory requirements and periodic certifications.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager and Commercial Manager as required in equipment selection, asset readiness profiles, cost for preparation estimates and other inputs required in the support of area projects/installations.
- Participates in all HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Key contributor to Survey equipment technical updates, bulletins, etc.
- Maintain necessary tools and equipment required to execute equipment maintenance and repair.
- Verifies accurate asset allocation.
- C-Nav - Requires excellent communication skills to regularly provide technical assistance, support and advice to clients over telephone and through the C-Nav online help desk.
- C-Nav - Is a regular part of the on call "follow the sun" support providing weekend support on a rotational basis. (additional allowance applies).
- C-Nav - Tests, maintains, and prepares and dispatches C-Nav GNSS equipment for clients in line with company QA procedure.
- C-Nav - Occasionally assists clients with the installation and maintenance of C-Nav GNSS equipment on client worksites (including offshore) in line with company HSE policies.
- C-Nav - Occasionally produces reports, QA procedures, manuals and any other related technical documentation pertaining to the operation and support of C-Nav GNSS equipment.
- C-Nav - Occasionally maintains inventory and stock levels of all equipment and consumables for filed jobs.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities .
- Shows enthusiasm for the services offered to the customer.
- Detailed and thorough work ethic.
- Be self-driven with the tenacity to work independently.
- Able to receive direction and apply imagination to completion.
- Fluent English speaker, both written and spoken.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Able to pass an offshore physical
- Forklift Truck certification
- Working at heights experience
- Demonstratable awareness of 5S and lean principles
- Experience of working in a Global organization across multiple locations, including offshore.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain work priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
WORKING CONDITIONS (REQ UIRES REGIONAL VARIANCE)
This position is considered HEAVY WORK which is characterized as follows :
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace .
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds (2-person lift)
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach or back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.