|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Turner Industries Group is looking for Equipment Operators for a maintenance positions in Augusta, GA. This position will be responsible for operation of various equipment in support of daily mill operations. Duties include, but are not limited to equipment operation, routine safety inspections, Job Safety Analysis (JSA) preparation, and general housekeeping.
Employees will be required to work a rotating shift schedule and be available for periodic call-outs.
- No per diem available, this is long-term maintenance
- NCCER preferred but not required,
- Must have five (5) years experience with operations and routine maintenance of articulating loaders, tracked excavators, bulldozer, dump truck, and track-mobile
- Background check and drug test required
- Must be able to pass craft test and safety council courses
Moves hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment; interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed; reads and interprets load charts; may assemble or disassemble equipment or material on construction projects; may be required to manipulate equipment on un-level working surfaces; may perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines/equipment.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) may be required
- Pre-employment qualification test
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation (20/40 vision, with or without correction, required)
- ANSI approved corrective eye wear (Z87)
- Job site orientation
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the work place
Employee may be required to do the following: climbing into and out of equipment; reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, fingers and feet to operate tools and equipment; lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.; standing; sitting; walking; pushing; pulling; bending; kneeling; crouching/squatting; crawling; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction.
Employee may be required to do the following: following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; planning work and selecting proper tools; reading and interpreting load charts; judging distances and slopes accurately; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards.
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.