|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Requisition ID: 133239
Job Level: Mid Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Equipment Technician, you will support Regional Construction operations. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position's main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Work with and on various aspects of Kiewit's modern specialized equipment fleet supporting construction operations
- Provide technical assistance in all respects of our specialized equipment business with regards to the support of Kiewit's foundation and power delivery business.
- Assist with various aspects of assembly/disassembly operations in support of our project schedules
- Manage a schedule and coordinate all aspects of maintenance activities, from major to minor repairs including third party vendors
- Manage open lines of communication with our operations to resolve issues timely
- Manage open lines of communication with Equipment Engineers to relay any parts needs
- Properly code costs and recording of all aspects of equipment repairs
- Support of training operations with regards to foundation and power delivery operations
- Perform technical diagnostic and repair of the various manufacturers we operate
- Employee will be required to manage all their own travel and related expenses
- Training our operations' employees on Kiewit's equipment standards when on site to eliminate down time
- 3+ years of related professional experience in the construction and other specialized equipment
- Excellent technical skills with broad knowledge base of electrical systems, air brakes, emissions aftertreatment systems, air conditioning, and hydraulic systems involved in construction equipment.
- Ability to travel and relocate as required
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with manufacture diagnostic software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to focus on multiple projects and recognize deficiencies on equipment
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to resolve problems
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Minimum Class B CDL
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsements preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.