|Date Posted||May 9, 2021|
Trades & Services
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER, MAINTENANCE OF WAY
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USOC
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driver-less trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a Deputy General Manager, Maintenance of Way (MOW) and you'll be looking at a career-defining role based in Oceanside, CA.
- Support field forces and provide an overview of the track, signal and bridge, and building structure for capital improvements and/or possible funding.
- Provide periodic inspections in accordance with the Federal Railroad Association (FRA) and site requirements to meet service needs.
- Follow up on required FRA reports and inspections ensuring completion and verifying accuracy in order to comply with FRA regulations.
- Develop and direct maintenance and inspection activities of the tracks, signal system, and traffic control to minimize equipment failures and resultant train delays in a cost-effective manner with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and direct Maintenance of Way (MOW) plans in concert with Quality Assurance.
- Direct Department Supervisors and staff on fiscal control, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
- Identify risk hazards associated with the safe operations of trains and provide continuous safety improvement.
- Work with the Customer to ensure project remains on schedule, in regulatory compliance, and assist in building a robust capital plan for the future.
- Manage a group of Managers and Supervisors and develop their skillset.
- Ensure contractors on site are working safely and efficiently across the territory.
- Provide reports (as needed) to Manager and Customer explaining progress and or deficiencies including, but not limited to the above task.
- Ensure all employees perform in accordance with established company policies and contractual obligations and that matters which may not be consistent with Company policy are acted upon immediately.
- Participate in Customer and third-party meetings on site.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in a Rail maintenance (MOW) environment as a Supervisor/Manager
- Experience working on capital projects, and daily operations for MOW at a railroad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.